[chuck-users] note names

Bruce Murphy pack-chucklist at rattus.net
Thu Aug 3 23:56:48 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 07:09:43PM +0000, carmen wrote:
> On Fri Aug 04, 2006 at 01:30:04AM +0800, Bruce Murphy wrote:
> > Does anyone have a stronger opinion than I as to what the middle-C note
> > name should be?
>
> see this thread: http://www.music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2006-March/034126.html

Summary, it's relatively arbitrary. People have seen C3, C4, C5. Most
seem to lean towards C4 (I knew this), Yamaha use C3 (I know this too,
I have a Dx7 next to me with it marked). So this provided more an
interesting insight into other people grappling with the same issue than
new information.

The MIDI manufacturer folk also say C4, but note that it's arbitrary.
The code currently does C4 and in the absence of strong objection, it's
going to stay that way :)

--
Packrat (BSc/BE;COSO;Wombat Implementor)
Nihil illegitemi carbovndvm