[chuck-users] error on linux laptop

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 06:46:44 EST 2006

hi

i am getting this error when running some of the examples on my thinkpad
x24, with the built in sound card. I am using Debian unstable with
fluxbox. I compiled ChucK from source couple of weeks ago.

[chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for given stream parameters:
... RtApiAlsa: pcm device (hw:I82801CAICH3,0) won't open: Device or
resource busy.
... RtApiAlsa: pcm device (hw:I82801CAICH3,1) won't open: No such file
or directory.

[chuck]: cannot initialize audio device (try using --silent/-s)

any ideas? I am not running any other sound device as far as i can see
but i dont know much on audio and linux.

thanks

enrike