[chuck-users] User Action Capturing

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Dec 7 23:48:55 EST 2006

Hi Steve!

> Let's say I'm using a program like joy-noise.ck (under
> chuck/examples/hid), and I want to capture the input from the
> controller for later use, or looping, or whatever.  Is there a way to
> do this in Chuck?  If not, can Chuck write control data (midi note
> integers, joystick positions, etc.) to a .txt file, then read from the
> file later?

This should be eventually possible (and straightforward) to do, but due
to the lack of general file input/output capabilities this cannot be
done yet.  Actually, we have much of the file I/O api implemented
(thanks to Martin Robinson), but we have yet to integrate it into the
current system (still waiting to finalize the API).

> Also, I went to your seminar at Tulane.  It was very good.

Cool - thanks!  I am glad that we apparently failed to dissuade and
deter you from ChucKing...

Best,
Ge!