[chuck-users] Writing to text files? Visualization?

David Michael david.michael at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 14:22:16 EST 2006

On 12/8/06, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you look at array.cap()?

Yep, but array.cap() gives me the capacity of the array, not the size.
Maybe a "size" method this is only a feature for growable/dynamic
arrays (which would also be dreamy - aahhh push and pop). In fact, it
would be nice if a ChucK array was not a fixed-length data structure.

Currently, if I would like to find out how many members of an array
are currently occupied (for imposing limits on member and such), I
must keep an int variable as I add members to the array. It is really
only in this way that I have found to loop over only the members of
the array that are actually filled with something. It is always
possible to write a wrapper class to abstract some of this
functionality...

Have I missed something in the way that the ChucK array has been implemented?