[chuck-users] Question on Class and Inheritance

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:11:53 EST 2006

On 2/7/06, Ge Wang <gewang at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:
> Thanks again for finding and reporting this!

Thanks for sharing ChucK with the world at large. While it may not be
"ready for prime time" just yet (or I could be wrong), it sure is nice
to progress so far on my work.

I have basically re-written some things that I used in PureData, and
have actually expanded on them to make (at least I hope) easier. The
first package is a Masking Suite, ala Xenakis. This is pretty much
ready for release. My second package is a Strange Attractor Suite. It
was while I was working on this that I found the inheritance bug. I
was very pleased to note that while ChucK may not be as fast as it
could be, it is very surprising how fast it is. It was only this
morning that I was able to test the "searching" functions that are
used to find another set of chaotic parameters for an Attractor, and I
was very happy that all the code that I translated from C was pretty
much all I needed. Now it is just a matter of adding some more
subclasses of Strange Attractors (other varieties of equations).

I hope that I can post these up on the WIKI this weekend.

Thanks again for such a great program.

Mike