[chuck-users] Feature request

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:21:59 EST 2006

Hello Ge,

I was wondering if it would be possible to include some method of
determining if a function returns 'nan'? In working with fractals,
some of the results that I get during a search for a new parameter set
may produce a 'nan' value, but there seems to be no way of testing for
that condition. As a result of this, several classes of fractals that
I am working on don't complete a search because I can't test for this.

I was thinking how this might go, and there were basically two forms
that could work...

// static constant
if (result == math.nan) {
  doSomethingWith(result);