[chuck-users] Re: chuck-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 11

Scot Gresham-Lancaster scotgl at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 14:26:21 EST 2006

This feels like a real simple problem, but I can not suss it out.

In the chuck archive:
> Julian Sorrel tacitdynamite at yahoo.com Wed Jan 25 17:05:25 EST
> 2006 wrote:
> > chuck D:\Chuck\examples\otf_06.ck
>      (using otf_06.ck here because it doesn't require external sound
> files)
>   this works fine - I hear Chuck playing the file.  When I try
>   chuck D:\Chuck\examples\otf_07.ck
>     the result is
>   [chuck](via sndbuf): cannot stat file 'data/snare.wav' ...
>   even though, again, that file can be found in "dir  D:\Chuck
> \examples\data" ...

This was on an XP machine, but I am getting the same result on my mac
and linux boxes. If I put in the full path these sndbuf objects
function fine, but if I  use a relative address such as "../data/
foo.wav" I get the "cannot stat file 'data/foo.wav'  What is the
obvious error that I am making?

Also, stat? Is that supposed to be start?

tocs_backwards

Scot Gresham-Lancaster
¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
http://o-art.org/Scot
podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/scotgl
blog: http://scotgl.blogspot.com/

" Well, I let it play itself as much as I can, but if it doesn't,
then I interfere. " David Tudor