[chuck-users] Re: chuck-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 11

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:58:00 EST 2006

yes, I think that ChucK works with the current directory as its
starting point for looking for these files. If you change your working
directory to the same place where the 'otf' files are before you run
them, everything should work fine on all platforms.

Mike

On 2/17/06, Kassen Oud <kassen at kassen.mine.nu> wrote:

> Scot Gresham-Lancaster;
>
>  > This was on an XP machine, but I am getting the same result on my mac
>  and linux boxes. If I put in the full path these sndbuf objects
>  function fine, but if I  use a relative address such as "../data/
>  foo.wav" I get the "cannot stat file 'data/foo.wav'  What is the
>  obvious error that I am making?
>
>  I think the file-names are relative but it seems to me that they aren't
> relative to the dir where the file that calls them is in; I think they are
> relative to the dir where ChucK was called from which may be another
> location entirely.
>
>  I'd be in favour of switching that around if at all possible.
>
>  Hope that at least explains?
>
>  Yours,
>  Kas.

Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!