[chuck-users] benchmarking chuck

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Feb 19 00:35:11 EST 2006

Hi Graham!

> I've discovered that I can only get 47 sine waves on my system (1 ghz
> G4 powerbook, 512 megs ram, OSX 10.3.9).  I'm curious how other
> systems compare -- particularly on linux.  If chuck works much better
> on linux, I may switch back to it...

Quick followup:

On my system (1 ghz G4 powerbook, 512 megs ram, 10.3.9),
I got up to 62 sine waves without crackles.  You might want to
make sure that "processor performance" is "highest" under
System Preferences -> Energy Saver | Options.

On our linux box (2.8 ghz Intel, mucho RAM, RH9), I got up to
130 without crackles.

(apologies again for the awful performance)

Best,
Ge!