[chuck-users] Joysticks anyone?

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 21:17:22 EST 2006

Sad news, my friend.

It isn't there yet, but it is coming. I use the P5 virtual glove with
ChucK and everything is just peachy, but you have to grab the input
from another program. The open source way to do it is to use PD and
grab the HID object (I forget who wrote it, it isn't part of the
vanilla install). You can then send OSC from PD to ChucK. Not pretty
but it works.

I have discussed with Ge about putting this functionality. We are
looking for good cross platform HID libraries. GLUT is no good
because you need window focus. Any suggestions? This feature was
promised with the famous screenshot... (sorry to bring that up again)

Take care.

--art