[chuck-users] Joysticks anyone?

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 19 23:33:50 EST 2006

Adam Tindale <adamtindale at hotmail.com> writes:

> Sad news, my friend.
>
> It isn't there yet, but it is coming. I use the P5 virtual glove with
> ChucK and everything is just peachy, but you have to grab the input
> from another program. The open source way to do it is to use PD and
> grab the HID object (I forget who wrote it, it isn't part of the
> vanilla install). You can then send OSC from PD to ChucK. Not pretty
> but it works.

Another approach is to turn your joystick into MIDI messages which
then could be used by chuck.  This can be done with PD on all
platforms (but I only know that it would be trivial to interconnect
MIDI-aware applications on Linux).

Other than that, there is a simple applications for linux, called
aseqjoy which does just that.  http://www.terminatorx.org.  It didn't
work for me, for some reason, but I have a strange joystick(?!).

./MiS