[chuck-users] Joysticks anyone?

Tyler Gillies tyler at gilliesfamily.org
Mon Feb 20 00:33:54 EST 2006

Jim,

I've been using joysticks to control Chuck through Open Sound Control
messages for a few months now, and I've been happy with the results. I
wrote a short joystick->OSC program using CNMAT 's libOSC (
http://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OpenSoundControl/ ) and the joystick
wrapper library ( http://wolfpack.twu.net/libjsw/ ). I'm a novice C
programmer, and, thanks to the examples included with libOSC and
libjsw, I was able to hack together a working program much more quickly
than I had expected.  Though the libjsw homepage mentions support on
all platforms, I never was able to use it with Mac OS X. Sucks! If you
wanna see my geeky joystick video, its at:
http://www.gilliesfamily.org/tyler/movies/joysticks.mp4

- Tyler Gillies