[chuck-users] question about public class

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 6 13:38:20 EST 2006

Greetings Micha et al,

Static member variables are currently broken and have to be initialized
separately.  for example:

   public class X
   {
       // due to being broken, e is actually null here
       static Envelope e;
   }

   // assign new Envelope to e; connect it to blackhole
   new Envelope @=> X.e => blackhole;

This has been documented but perhaps not clearly.  Our apologies.  We
hope to have this fixed very soon.

Best,
Ge!