[chuck-users] Is there any "Community" repositories yet?

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 17:21:33 EST 2006

On 1/20/06, Adam Tindale <adamtindale at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> The key thing with all of this is time. We are all busy and so far
> the wiki has been low priority. Last night we found that a certain
> blackjack site had attacked the wiki and ruined all of the code
> entries. It has been like this for a long time but nobody has been
> using the wiki so there were no complaints. The wonderful sysadmins
> at princeton are in the process of reinstalling the whole wiki
> program and restoring it to a working state.

I hope that my words weren't taken as a criticism, as I do understand
that time is very limited... having these things available is
wonderful, and very much appreciated.

> We got attacked because the wiki is open, anyone can edit it. When it
> comes back online, hopefully today, it would be great if you would
> post your code and help us make it into something that more ChucKers
> would use and be interested in.

One of the biggest bonus' of a WIKI is also its greatest weak-point.
It is sad that there are a few people who make life difficult for
others...

I did notice that, while some of the code pages display as gibberish,
if you try to edit the page, it will present the code as entered.

So, do you think that I should go back in and make the changes to
these things, as Ge said that they were due to how the WIKI handles
the "PRE" tag?

Thanks again,

Mike