[chuck-users] sndbuf questions, etc.

eric.forte at verizon.net eric.forte at verizon.net
Thu Jan 26 22:24:12 EST 2006

Hi all.  Is there a way to make a table lookup oscillator with ChucK?  I'm
trying to load in soundfiles to be used as waveforms so that I can index
them directly.  I've worked through allocating an array and loading it
with the samples of a file, but there doesn't seem to be a way that you
can actually put them out to the dac again.

Then I tried to do some other tests where I just read the file into an
array outside of a function (since that seemed a bit more chuckian), then
sporked a bunch of shreds, but it seems that when you change the position
of the buffer from inside a function, it seems to affect the position in
the other shreds.  The last test I did, I had the file read in inside of
the function and that seemed to work well, but quickly seemed to slow
everything down.

Any input is appreciated.

Regards,
Eric