[chuck-users] Distributing ChucK (Adam Tindale)

Ollie Glass ollieglaskovik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 14:22:40 EDT 2006

It's done! Breakage v14 now includes, launches, uses and closes ChucK
from the Java app. Download from www.blackholeprojector.com

It took some fiddling to make this work, anyone who's interested in
doing the same thing might like to know I had to:
1 open the OSC ports in Java before ChucK, else JavaOSC finds they are
already taken.
2 check which OS Java is running on, so "chuck" or "chuck.exe" can be
called as is appropriate.
3 use a Java thread to follow ChucK's stdout and stderr streams. Leave
them untended and ChucK freezes after a while.
4 register a Java application exit listener to terminate the ChucK
process when the app is quit, otherwise ChucK keeps running.

I'm happy to make the Java / ChucK code avaliable to anyone who'd like it.

Thanks again everyone!

Ollie