[chuck-users] machine.add issue

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 20:39:55 EDT 2006

Hi

I discovered a problem with machine.add. I called it like this:

["sd_random","sandpaper_16",
"breakbeat_breezing",
"tri_bass_random","sine_penta_16",
"cabassa_offbeat",
"noise_hit_period",
"moog_melody",
"sh",
"ob_pad_5th","ob_pad_root"
"bd_random"] @=> string load[];
for(0=>int i;i<load.cap();i++)
machine.add(load[i]);

Even if I just added a single of the simpler files, CPU usage was
rising, until after about 6 minutes 100% was used and the audio broke
up. I could send a couple of files showing this behavior, but since it
seems very consistent, I thought it might not be necessary.

Needless to say, if I simply started everything from bash (or added .ck
files from emacs) everything was fine.

This is both running 1.2.0.5 and 1.2.0.6-rc3 with alsa under Linux on a
patched 2.6.15.6 kernel.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte