[chuck-users] machine.add issue

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 19:56:07 EDT 2006

On 9-Jul-06, at 10:55 AM, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Ge Wang wrote:
>
>> To manually workaround the disconnect/CPU issue in 1.2.0.5,
>> disconnect
>> the patch before leaving the function:
>>
>>      s =< env =< dac;
>
> Am I right that "env =< dac" would effectively stop the patch from
> calculating? So the extra disconnect is for the garbage collection to
> also grab s, right?

Garbage collection in ChucK is achieved with Control-C :) This is a
future consideration. If you are doing long shows with ChucK it is
good to shut it down and restart it a few times if you are loading in
lots of UGens. In the 1.5 hour show I normally do I restart ChucK in
6 places to make sure it doesn't blow up.

--art