[chuck-users] hid keyboard

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 12:02:21 EDT 2006

Spencer Salazar wrote:

> To get HID going in chuck on Linux, you need to set the appropriate
> permissions on the device files in /dev/input

Why? Any device (my mouse or my keyboard) work in other programs, so
they must be available with sufficient permissions. Or is possible for
such programs because it go through X, or...?

> Additionally, keyboard support in linux is still under development,
> and not currently supported, unfortunately.

That's more plausible to me. When the code in keyboard-flute.ck tries to
open a mouse (that's not even present, only /dev/input/mice is available
on my system) chuck must be messing things up.

 > This is definitely on the way though.

Ok, I'll let it go for now, then, although I already imagined 1.000.000
cool things that could be done with this :-)

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quartet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk