[chuck-users] include in 1.2.0.6

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Jul 25 17:45:41 EDT 2006

Hi Atte!

> Am I (along with grep in examples/) right in assuming that the
> previously discussed include statement didn't make it's way into
> 1.2.0.6?

That's correct.  The include system is still in the works and not in
1.2.0.6.

> If so, any changes on the cpu-eating problem I had with machine.add?
> IOW; is there any change in behavior of garbage collection between
> 1.2.0.6-rc3 and 1.2.0.6?

No changes in garbage collection either in 1.2.0.6.  We wanted to get a
relatively stable release out before garbage collection.

> Finally; what are the options for emulating some way of include
> functionality in 1.2.0.6?

A separate chuck program that uses machine.add() to run dependencies
might work in some cases.  Just run this as the first thing.  There are
other
"emulations" such as abuse of the 'alias' utility (alias something to
automatically
run with the right flags and classes).

Both include and gc are top priority.  We hope to have them implemented
soon.  Sorry for the hacks in the meantime.

Best,
Ge!