[chuck-users] Stopping and restart shreds

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 06:23:51 EDT 2006

Ge Wang wrote:

> Currently in ChucK, a parent shred will terminate any child shreds when
> the parent terminates.

The current way chuck works makes sense. But (and I don't know "the
prober to do this in concurrent programming) I think it would make more
sense to wait for child shreds to finish before terminating. This way a
parent wouldn't have to worry how long the child is running, which I
think is none of it's business.

I have a lot of examples in my code on me explicitly having to handle
this and it both 1) looks ugly and 2) is not that robust.

BTW: would it be possible to grab the id of the child and wait for that
is to finish, instead of my current way (chucking a sufficiently large
dur to now in the parent after sporking)?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quartet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk