[chuck-users] Stopping and restart shreds

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 07:14:15 EDT 2006

On 7/25/06, Ge Wang <gewang at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:

>  As Kassen mentioned, advancing
> time in the parent shred will allow children to execute.  If no time
> advance is desired, me.yield() should work.

Actually, what I meant was that at times advancing time can give the shred
itself time to execute which I hold to be a bug.

Still not at a chucking computer but;

<<<"hello world">>>;
1::second => now;
<<<"good bye cruel world">>>;
me.exit();

I believe this will result in the shred going to shred heaven without
leaving it's goodbye note.

<<<"nice party">>>;
1::second => now;
<<<"hey, is it that time already?">>>;
1::ms => now;
me.exit();

This one should be more polite.

Note that I only observed this once and that I'm not sure wether it could
affect other comands as well as printing to the terminal.

I reported on this but I'm not sure it was ever officially on the bug list.
Might have been fixed since then, might have been a odd exception that was
never reproduced? I'd test this if I were at home.