[chuck-users] Stopping and restart shreds

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Jul 26 09:29:36 EDT 2006

Hi!

> The current way chuck works makes sense. But (and I don't know "the
> prober to do this in concurrent programming) I think it would make more
> sense to wait for child shreds to finish before terminating. This way a
> parent wouldn't have to worry how long the child is running, which I
> think is none of it's business.

Perhaps what we need is a Shred.join( Shred child ), which should
let time advance until the child terminates, if ever.  And maybe also
a Shred.joinAll() that waits for all children shreds.

Best,
Ge!