[chuck-users] Stopping and restart shreds

w31rd0 w31rd0 at mail.ru
Thu Jul 27 03:47:33 EDT 2006

> would it make sense to somehow chuck something to now for shred
> joining functionality?  it always sort of made semantic sense to me
> that (using standard built-in functionality) the only way to pass
> time was to explicitly operate on now.
>
> like
> myShred => now;

In this way you won't be able to spork multiple shreds in parallel.
And BTW you can achieve the same result by simply invoking myShred's
function without sporking a shred.

It would be great to have an implicit children counter in class Shred
and a method 'waitForChildren' which returns as soon as all child shreds
are terminated. So it could look like this:

spork ~ foo();
spork ~ bar();

me.waitForChildren();

(or even make 'waitForChildren' called implicitly?)

What you think?

w31rd0