[chuck-users] [chuck] miniAudicle-0.1.3.3 release (mac + linux + win)

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sat Jul 29 00:00:25 EDT 2006

On Jul 28, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Scott Davidson wrote:

> Just confirming that this patch gets miniAudicle working well for
> me on
> a relatively clean CCRMA/FC5 install (i.e. fc5 versions of gcc 4.1.1,
> wxGTK 2.6.3, etc.). No more seg faults and sound works correctly if I
> simlink to my local installation of chuck-1.2.0.6. Sound doesn't
> work on
> the 1.2.0.6 that comes with miniAudicle for some reason (perhaps some
> problem with the makefile? I use jack, btw).

Thats strange, the chuck-1.2.0.6 packaged with miniAudicle is exactly
the same as the release distribution.  Ill investigate...

> Anyways, THANK YOU for miniAudicle-- even though emacs chuck-mode is
> useful, the ease of removing/reshredding in miniAudicle is a big
> improvement. Looking forward to future improvements!

Youre welcome!  Glad you could get it working.

> -Scott
>
> p.s. minor quibble-- removing the carriage returns in the miniAudicle
> code would make it more legible to most linux folk. this can be done
> with a simple search/replace in emacs. Thanks again!

I despise carriage returns with a passion.  Sadly gedit (which ive
been trying out lately) apparently doesnt display them, so I couldnt
tell that they were there.  Ill squash them for the next release...