[chuck-users] [chuck] miniAudicle-0.1.3.3 release (mac + linux + win)

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sat Jul 29 00:11:38 EDT 2006

On Jul 28, 2006, at 7:57 PM, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Thanks. With this patch I had sound for the first time, namely
> zerox.ck
> (but maybe that also worked before, didn't try with the first patch).
> However this it the only one of the examples (didn't try them all)
> that
> reproduces any sound.

mik, Atte,
If you havent already, try removing the symlink to the chuck
directory within the miniAudicle distribution, and replacing it with
a symlink to the chuck directory that came from the chuck website.

The problem could also be that the default virtual machine parameters
supplied by miniAudicle dont mesh well with your system.  What
command line arguments, if any, do you typically pass to chuck?

> Two other things (have also added them to the wiki):
>
> 1) CTRL-x doesn't do anything here. Maybe this key binding is standard
> on mac, but on Linux CTRL-o is the most common key binding for
> "open file".

Thats a bug that has been fixed for the next release--Ctrl-X should
definitely be bound to Cut, and Ctrl-O to open file.

> 2) It seems it's not possible to call miniAudicle with any command
> line
> options. I guess it should possible to use the same options as with
> regular chuck, or...?

Nope, not at the moment.  Within the next release or two will be a
GUI preferences mechanism by which you can specify common options
such as dac/adc, sample rate, channels, buffer size, etc., but a
complementary command line interface is also a good idea.

Thanks for your input!

spencer