[chuck-users] [chuck] miniAudicle-0.1.3.3 release (mac + linux + win)

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 03:20:40 EDT 2006

Spencer Salazar wrote:

> mik, Atte,
> If you havent already, try removing the symlink to the chuck
> directory within the miniAudicle distribution, and replacing it with
> a symlink to the chuck directory that came from the chuck website.

I tried that, still no sound...

> The problem could also be that the default virtual machine parameters
> supplied by miniAudicle dont mesh well with your system.  What
> command line arguments, if any, do you typically pass to chuck?

--bufsize128

>> 1) CTRL-x doesn't do anything here. Maybe this key binding is standard
>> on mac, but on Linux CTRL-o is the most common key binding for
>> "open file".
>
> Thats a bug that has been fixed for the next release--Ctrl-X should
> definitely be bound to Cut, and Ctrl-O to open file.

Great.

>> 2) It seems it's not possible to call miniAudicle with any command
>> line
>> options. I guess it should possible to use the same options as with
>> regular chuck, or...?
>
> Nope, not at the moment.  Within the next release or two will be a
> GUI preferences mechanism by which you can specify common options
> such as dac/adc, sample rate, channels, buffer size, etc.,

Oh, yeah, realtime wouldn't be possible without that...

> but a
> complementary command line interface is also a good idea.

I normally load a whole bunch of .ck files in the initial call to chuck,
I'd like to be able to do the same with miniAudicle. Since I haven't
really played with it yet, maybe you shouldn't consider this a feature
request just yet, but a mechanism for sporking and removing several
files at once would also be very good.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte