[chuck-users] setenv?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 10:38:40 EDT 2006

Hi list,

Is there a known issue with std.setenv() ?

For me on XP sp1

std.setenv("foo", "bar");

Returns a zero and doesn't actually set anything.

What I want to acomplish is the following; I want to have one shred
that calls in a set of other shreds that all sync in the style of the
otf examples but I'd like to set a environment variable that tells
them what our bpm will be.

Also; do I understand correctly that the only way of turning a string
into a int or float is by abusing the acii numbers? Even if I happen
to know the string is a number?

As I type this I just realised it might be a lot more practical to
stop postponing reading up on global classes, still it looks like
std.setenv() is malfuctioning.

Yours,
kas.