[chuck-users] AI drum machine

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 9 13:22:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

Nice work. I think also Envelope will do the trick. A fun chuck
workout is also to define your own envelope. You could either make an
object that extends Ugen or write a function and spork it. That way
you could send two arguments for the beginning index and end index of
the sample to playback and then just do something like this:

startval => sample.pos;
(endval - startval)::samps => now;
sample.samples() => sample.pos;

Make sense? I use this little bit of code all the time to make
glitchy little things that crackle and pop when I start and stop the
sample. You can put this through a low pass filter to take the edge
off if you like.

Hooray for threading!

Happy ChucKing.

--art