[chuck-users] Chuck Linux and rolling your own

Scott Davidson jsd_290 at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 18 17:58:52 EDT 2006

I've used chuck under FC4 and FC5 on both CCRMA patched and stock Fedora
kernels. After installing the neccessary dev files, it built fine. Runs
well under FC5 too. I had previously run into some annoying sndfile
reading crashes on FC4, but have yet to run into them on FC5.

Emacs and command line chucking works well, but Audicle would be nice :)
 Right now, a nice alternative is a useful GUI builder called khagan
which creates widgets that can send OSC messages to modify shred
parameters. Looking forward to the release of the Audicle source on
Linux though.

-Scott

http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different