[chuck-users] Chuck Linux and rolling your own

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 11:00:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

I was using DeMuDi (based on Debian), but it's repositories don't
match well with Debian main, so the prerequisites of Chuck were
breaking all my apps.  Rather, apt-get would offer to uninstall all my
favorite apps.

I finally compiled Chuck for Jack on Fedora Core 4 (after installing
jack, of course) with success.  It's just not as fast on that box as
it would be on my realtime kernel with DeMuDi.  I should say, Jack's
latency is lower with a realtime kernel.  I'm not sure how the kernel
would affect Chuck.

Is Chuck's performance better on Linux than on Windows or Mac OS?
Anyone do any tests?

Cheers,
Mike

On 6/18/06, Scott Davidson <jsd_290 at fastmail.fm> wrote: