[chuck-users] keeping stereo files as stereo

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 11:33:11 EDT 2006

> I thought  --silent would be as "slow" as realtime cause one still
> needs to advance time, eg. 1::samp=>now.

Well, you do, but you are advancing time relative to musical events,
not relative to -say- your alarm clock.

I don't think it's all that different from a "normal" musical program.
If I tell Live I need a fade-in at 3.30 then this doesn't make the
"render to file" option take 3 and a half minute either.

It's just a perspective, a rather nice and usefull one, but still just
a perspective.

The good thing is that this will probably speed stuff up but it may
actualy be slower then realtime which is usefull because it means you
could use ChucK to generate sounds that your computer wouldn't be fast
enough to do in realtime.

Happy rendering.