[chuck-users] sporking member function and static

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 04:15:02 EDT 2006

Spencer Salazar wrote:

> I know that sporking member functions is on one of the todo lists, so
> its safe to assume that that functionality isnt working completely at
> the moment.  There are plenty of good reasons to want to spork a non-
> static member function though, so it should be on its way.

That's good to know.

What I need is to spork a member function from within another member
function. And contrary to what my simple example suggest, there is
indeed something fishy here.

At least I can't make my semi complicated example (attached) work. It's
supposed to listen for 5 taps on the a midikeyboard, and on the fifth,
stop all signalling shreds, update the tempo and restart the signalling
shreds.

As the code is attached i get
[chuck](VM): NullPointerException: shred[id=2:spork~exp], PC=[3]
If I try to do as the working mini example attached in the first mail
(declaring sendQuarter static) chuck seg faults. I hope this works more
convincingly in the upcomming release.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte