[chuck-users] current bug summary (partial, obviously)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 12:16:30 EDT 2006

> Is there snapshots available? I'd like any recent, resonably stable
> chuck to play with, one can always go back in case of large explosions.
> I also noticed chuck-1.2.0.6-rc2.tgz in
> http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/release/files/. Is that an official
> release candidate? How sensible would this installing/running this be?

I don't think that's "official", at least it wasn't last I heard. That
dir you link to has a sub dir called "snapshot", b.t.w. which I think
answers your other question... :¬)

As for the sensible bit; so far it's been fine for me.No guarantees
and no refunds on that statement.

> And in general: Am I right in assuming that downgrading can always be
> done by reinstalling an older version ontop of the newer one?

Yes. There's no real "installing" anyway, it's just a executable. On
my laptop there are quite a few of those each in it's version's dir.
Just make sure the one you want to use is in your path (or in
windows/system32 which kinda means the same thing) and you'll be fine.

May be different from Mac or Linux but I don't realy see why it would be.

Of cource; if you upgrade and use some new sort of syntax in your
code, then downgrade again there will be trouble but aside from that I
don't see why you couldn't merily change versions three times a day.

That's all I know, if it's not enough you'll need one of the
high-priests but I think you should be fine.