[chuck-users] ADSR modulation question

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:59:08 EDT 2006

Kassen wrote:

> and you now also want to go "ADSR e => f.pfreq;" (or something
> similar) like a patch cable, right?

Exactly!

I still don't see why this wouldn't be possible within the current
conventions. I admit that I'm comming from another way of thinking, but
who isn't :-) So allow me to think as I'm used to for a minute.

So if I have a ADSR sonnected to a blackhole, it will generate samples
when time passes, right? Normally an adsr scales an AC signal. If it
input a DC of say 1 (could be hacked with a slooow sqr) to an ADSR it
should scale thi according to it's settings. An it should do so in
free-wheeling time (between chuck to now), right? Al that is needed is
that I can connect this output to something like f.pfreq, and I would
have a free-wheeling, simple to grasp, CPU-eater (updated at sample rate).

Simple? yes. Flexible? Not that much. Newbie/Nord-Modular-Moogie
friendly? Very. Elegant? In it's own way, yes. Sufficient? For basic
stuff; yes, for the rest; no.

Sorry for bringing this pragmatic garbage into the beautiful world of
chuck :-)

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte