[chuck-users] hid

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 06:44:20 EDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Spencer D Salazar (ssalazar at Princeton.EDU)
<ssalazar at princeton.edu> wrote:
> Hey there,
> Serial port support has been suggested before, so maybe some sort of generic API for device access as a byte stream would be useful.  This is pretty straightforward in Linux with /dev, Windows has RawInput which might do the trick, but OS X might not be so easy.

Serial port would be interesting because you can write to it which
would open the way for leds (and lighting rigs and robots
and........).

What I'd actually like as well is realy simple; I'd like to be able to
write to the scroll-lock led. I'd realy like to make the scroll-lock
key blink once on the sequence's "one", I actually considered doing a
small program for that in Pascal or something and calling it from
ChucK.

Writing to leds on a HID device would be nice too, basically what I do
want is some visual feedback but I don't want to be staring at the
schreen while making music if it's not nesicary.

Maybe I'm the only one who wants to do something to the scroll-lock
led though; in that case it doesn't make any sense to spend time on
it for you guys.

BTW, doesn't OSX deal with devices like the other *nixes do? Why on earth not?