[chuck-users] hid

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 07:33:18 EDT 2006

On 6/30/06, nitro2k01 <nitro2k01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not totally sure, but it seems that new macs have ditched the
> classical serial port, and goes for USB only. And to use USB, you need
> a USB controller, which makes things more complicated.

AH! Ok, but that actually makes some sense for general purpose laptops
these days. I thought Spencer was saying OSX threw the whole way in
which Unix abstracts devices out of the window. I would have frowned
at that.

sorry about that. I'm a bit on my toes about the new Mac laptops, I
want one because they are a Nix on the sort of cpu I'm used to and
have actual documentation and soundcard drivers so that makes sense to
me but some stuff about them is "different" (as apple put it) and I'm
not all that clear on what stuff is different and how.

Can't you have oldfashioned ports on a usb conection and have the OS
take care of the abstraction layers?

Anyway, to concence my main argument; ChucK is good for custom
sequencers and sequencers benefit from blinking leds. I'm in favour of
anything that connects blinking leds to ChucK, preferably without the
need for looking up realy complicated stuff though some soldering
would be ok.

;¬)