[chuck-users] hid

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 14:57:24 EDT 2006

Are there any hardware hackers in the crowd?  I would love to hear
about the crazy interfaces anyone has connected to Chuck.  I've
started an experimental music/multimedia group here in NYC quite
recently and people have some interest in using computers with
homebrew interfaces.  (By the way, I'm introducing them to Chuck  ;-)
)  Anyway, I'd love to hear some anecdotes about adventures with Chuck
and human interface hardware.  Or pictures?

Oh, and anyone in area who wants to participate is more than welcome.

Cheers,
Mike

On 6/30/06, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, my own (wintel) laptop has paralel, serial and USB already so
> I'll be fine for now. What I meant was that I was under the impression
> that computer shops would sell usb-paralel converters for a few bucks
> that would have generalised drivers and would make the whole point of
> the new Macs lacking old ports moot. I mean; cameras, joypads and
> heaven knows what plug into computers without the need for any drivers
> these days so I asumed the same whould hold true for ports. I would be
> very surprised if that wouldn't be true. I'd also be surprised if this
> would cost more then 10 or so Euro.
>
> This would give everybody blinking leds as opposed to just those with
> laptops that have oldfashioned ports (which is getting increasingly
> rare regardless of of the brand).
>
> Kas.
>
> > You could do that, but it would require you to build (or find) a
> > device with a USB controller to do the job for you, which'll cost you
> > time, and a little money. (As opposed to the PC's parallell port where
> > you more or less would be fine with a few pieces of wire and a few
> > diodes.)
> > But it's all a matter of dedication, of course, you wouldn't be the
> > first one to create a USB device.

"ooh aah bleep"
-miraton