[chuck-users] cant seem to install on ubuntu 6.06

Jochen Hartmann jochen.hartmann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 16:12:18 EDT 2006

thanks mike, i appreciate the support.
here is what is happening now:

------------------------------
linx at linx:/usr/bin/chuck/src$ make linux-jack
make -f makefile.jack
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/bin/chuck/src'
gcc -o chuck chuck.tab.o chuck.yy.o chuck_absyn.o chuck_parse.o
chuck_errmsg.o chuck_frame.o chuck_symbol.o chuck_table.o
chuck_utils.o chuck_vm.o chuck_instr.o chuck_scan.o chuck_type.o
chuck_emit.o chuck_compile.o chuck_dl.o chuck_oo.o chuck_lang.o
chuck_ugen.o chuck_main.o chuck_otf.o chuck_stats.o chuck_bbq.o
chuck_shell.o chuck_console.o chuck_globals.o digiio_rtaudio.o
hidio_sdl.o midiio_rtmidi.o rtaudio.o rtmidi.o ugen_osc.o
ugen_filter.o ugen_stk.o ugen_xxx.o ulib_machine.o ulib_math.o
ulib_std.o ulib_opsc.o util_buffers.o util_console.o util_math.o
util_network.o util_raw.o util_string.o util_thread.o util_xforms.o
util_opsc.o util_hid.o  -lasound -ljack -lstdc++ -ldl -lm -lsndfile
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [chuck] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/bin/chuck/src'
make: [linux-jack] Error 2 (ignored)