[chuck-users] filter

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 30 17:41:58 EDT 2006

Hi,

There are a few examples of filtering that come with ChucK. The best
ones are wind.ck and wind2.ck, as well as powerup.ck.

To understand what is going on you will have to look at STK and/or
Perry Cook's book Real Sound Synthesis. The general filter object is
just a placeholder from my understanding. You can check out OnePole
and TwoPole to do simple filtering.

As for using other oscillators, in the manual there is a tutorial on
extending basic patches that (I think) covers this topic. This is one
of those really attractive features about ChucK. Since the api for
each Subclass of UGen or object is fairly similar (if not exact) you
can usually just change the type declaration and everything will work!

sinosc s => dac;
becomes

sqrosc s => dac;

and most things will just work.