[chuck-users] recording with rec.ck: stereo and clipping

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 4 12:35:54 EST 2006

Hi Graham,

> 1. All the UGens in my chucKestra are connected to pan2 objects, then
> the dac, but the recording comes out mono (standard rec.ck).
>
> Is this due to the way stereo and mono ugens connect together? Is
> there
> some way I can get the stereo recording from the console?

Yes. The patch you are using is the mono version. Search for rec2.ck
in the examples, it is stereo. The one you are using takes the output
of the dac into a wavrecord. What you need to do is have two
wavrecord objects and each one will record a channel.

dac.left => wavrecord left => blackhole;
dac.right => wavrecord right => blackhole;
// set filenames etc
..

The convention is to have a .L and a .R file. You can combine these
together into a stereo track in Audacity or ecasound or some other
audio editor or processor. This did show up on the mailing list
around November 05. Try searching the archives for more details.

I hope this helps.

--art