[chuck-users] Fwd: [chuck] version 1.2.0.5 released

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:47:39 EST 2006

WoHoo!!! Yeah, AlRight... Cool Man... I can't wait to test drive...

(Actually, Ge, thanks for sending me that "prerelease" version, I was
able to test those things that I needed for the Fractal stuff I am
working on.... Now, I guess this means, I actually have to post my
stuff now...)

WooHOO!!! Yeah!!

Thanks to everyone who has worked on this fantastic piece of software!

Mike

On 3/26/06, Ge Wang <gewang at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> chuck-1.2.0.5 (dracula) is now available:
>
>      http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/release/
>      (may need to reload page to see update)
>
> It contains several new features (see full release note below):
>      - multi-channel audio
>      - HID/Joystick support (by Spencer Salazar)
>        - see examples/hid/ for demos
>      - massive STK update (in exchange for sleep from Mark Daly and Ge)
>        - new StkInstrument parent class
>        - control changes exposed
>        - new examples
>      - more documentation (Adam Tindale, Mark, and others)
>      - bug fixes!  new bugs!
>
> completely updated STK section:
>      http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/program/ugen.html
>
> Thanks to all who contributed to this release and to the wiki upgrade,
> including Mike McGonagle, Graham Coleman, Graham Percival, Eduard
> Aylon, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas, Nelson Ferraz, and to Scot
> Gresham-Lancaster and Tim Perkis for working with us to develop new
> features, and many others.
>
> As always, please let us know of any issues on [chuck-users],
> [chuck-dev], or email, and HappY ChucKing!
>
> Best,
> chuck team
>
> ---
> 1.2.0.5
>    - (added) multi-channel audio
>              - use --channels<N> or -c<N> set number of channels
>                for both input and output
>              - use --out<N>/-o<N> and --in<N>/-i<N> to request
>                # of input and output channels separately
>              - stereo is default (for now)
>    - (added) UGen.channels()
>    - (added) class UGen -> class UGen_Multi -> class UGen_Stereo
>    - (added) UGen UGen_Multi.chan( int )
>              use this to address individual channels
>    - (added) examples in examples/multi
>              - n.ck : n channels detuned sine
>              - i.ck : n channels impulse
>    - (added) HID support (author: Spencer Salazar)
>    - (added) 'HidIn' event class (see examples/hid/*.ck)
>    - (added) Terminal Keyboard Input (immediate mode, separate from HID)
>    - (added) 'KBHit' event class (see examples/event/kb*.ck)
>    - (added) sndbuf.chunks : better real-time behavior
>              - can be set to arbitrary integers
>                (before the .read happens)
>              - default is 0 frames (no chunk)
>              - set .chunks to 0 to read in entire file
>                (previous behavior)
>    - (added) int math.isinf( float ) // infinity test
>    - (added) int math.isnan( float ) // NaN test
>              (see examples/basic/infnan.ck)
>    - (added) sndbuf.valueAt( int ) for returning sample at arbitrary pos
>              (see examples/basic/valueat.ck)
>    - (added) MASSIVE STK UPDATE
>    - (added) 'StkInstrument' class
>                .noteOn( float )
>                .noteOff( float )
>                .freq( float ) / .freq()
>                .controlChange( int, float )
>    - (added) the following now extend 'StkInstrument'
>              (most of them have additional parameters)
>                - BandedWG
>                - BlowBotl
>                - BlowHole
> [...]

Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!

--
Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!