[chuck-users] Class Libraries, File Naming Conventions, and 'machine.add(...)'

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:15:06 EST 2006

On 3/30/06, Ge Wang <gewang at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:
> What kind of code do you have after the machine.add(...)?  If the code
> tries to use the classes in the files you are adding, that won't work
> in the same file because machine.add() is a runtime construct.  For
> example:

Yup, your example is exactly what I am doing. So, now this makes sense
WHY this error is happening, I just wonder if this would be something
to reconsider, as this would require that any files needed by a
program to be loaded manually, or from a different file, to make sure
those classes are "preloaded" before you call on them.

> Wow, that was a big paragraphical mess I just typed, and I am not even
> sure I answered the right question...  Is this the problem you were
> referring too, Mike?

The word for the day "PARAGRAPHICAL"!!!

And yes, this is exactly the case.

Mike

--
Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!