[chuck-users] benchmarking chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue May 2 19:21:13 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, Perry R Cook <prc at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:

> The first Chuck does assignment (replaces that
> member of the array with s1.  The 2nd Chuck
> connects it to the dac.  The @ part of the
> operator signifies assignment.  So it's all legal,
> but maybe confusing.

Thanks, I was just about to try using a array as a multiplexer/ signal
router myself.

This is actually quite useful for reconnecting signals in that case. I
hope Ge will still explain exactly what type the array would be in
this case. it seems to me that with this sort of thing you could have
arrays that contain some floats and some links to ugens and while that
need not be a problem it would probably lead to crashes if those
accidentally got mixed up.

Another thing I don't get is how this relates to the need for a DAC or
blackhole to "tickle" Ugens. In Eduard's code they all end up at the
DAC anyway but what if they don't due to the array getting called in
some different way? Would they stop running until reconnected?

it's all becoming more clear now but there are some areas left where I
have my doubts or at least uncertainties.