[chuck-users] zipper noise

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu May 4 23:18:37 EDT 2006

On 5/5/06, plutek <plutek at infinity.net> wrote:
> my question is whether anybody has an elegant way of attacking the problem of zipper noise when using external MIDI controllers which send only integer values. it's great that ChucK uses float MIDI values, but we need a way of smoothing incoming controller data -- perhaps something like pd's "line" operator.

Very expensive but it should work;

Chuck the CC's value to a "step" ugen, lowpass filter that with a very
low (sub sonic) cutoff and chuck the .last value of that at some high
rate (ideally sample rate) to wherever you need the parameter to go.

This is probably quite expensive on the cpu but I don't see any other options.