[chuck-users] OSCSurface

joerg piringer joerg at piringer.net
Fri May 19 21:14:26 EDT 2006

Ge Wang wrote:
> Hi Joerg and all,
>
>> i've made a small tool for ChucK. it is basically an editor and a
>> surface with basic widgets that can send
>> OSC data to ChucK.
>>
>> http://joerg.piringer.net/software/oscsurface.htm
>
> This rocks!  Cool syntax highlighting too.  I've linked to it from the
> wiki:
>
>      http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/ChucK/Dev/Tools

great, thanks for linking!

>> i've only compiled it for winXP but you should be able to compile it
>> for
>> mac & linux (maybe some small adjustments necessary). it's open source,
>> so you can try if you can 'make' it. if you are successful i'd like to
>> hear from you so can maybe include the changes in the original
>> distribution.
>
> We'd also be interested to know if/when someone gets it compiled on
> linux/osx.
>
> Spencer is currently working on miniAudicle for windows and linux,
> perhaps we can pool our resources...  Anyone else up for some hacking
> this summer to extend interfaces and chuckian environments?

i was just working on some improvements...
i wanted to capture the output of the chuck console which didn't work
too well. unlike other programs somehow chuck seems to hang at the end
of execution. it seems to loop the last 200-500 milliseconds forever
until i press ctrl+c to force quit.
but then i tried the same on my laptop instead of the development
machine and it worked. it seems to be a general problem of chuck on my
development computer. sometimes (almost every second execution) it hangs
when chuck tries to quit on its own. quitting with ctrl+c always works.
any ideas?

but anyway, yes maybe it would really be better to pool resources
instead of working separately.
however i'm very busy at the moment, but i might be interested if it's
somehow doable for me.

all the best
joerg

--