[chuck-users] running chuck as a process with no terminal?

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:23:54 EST 2006

hi

i am launching chuck from python (i have a python GUI and chuck works as
sound engine). When I run chuck from python it opens a terminal, I would
like to hide this. I use python os.spawnv command for this.

In PD there is a startup flag -nogui that launches pd as a process with
no console whatsoever, only visible via top or process list. Anything
like that in ChucK? i have checked the documentation for the virtual
machine but i could not see anything in this direction.

Another important issue i am having is that as soon as the chuck
terminal loses the focus the sound stops. So when I select the python
window the sound stops. Is there any way to avoid this?

I am working on xp at the moment, so i havent tested if this happens as
well on linux or osx.

I have very limited access to internet for a few days so i cannot search
on the mailing list archive or the forum about this issue. Sorry.

thanks

enrike