[chuck-users] eval and concatenating strings

Burton Samograd kruhft at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 07:33:37 EST 2006

> Sure, i understand that ChucK is not python. There are different tools
> for different tasks. I was just wondering if something like this would
> be possible. I am just trying to get an overview of the ChucKian way of
> thinking. I realised that some stuff is not in the documentation (maybe
> im wrong?) like Std.itoa() so I thought maybe there is other
> undocumented commands as well.

>From browsing the source, I would say that "yes", there are some
undocumented chuck commands that can be found.  As with most projects,
the documentation lags behind the code, and when that's the case, it's
best to 'Use the source, Luke'.

I was also hoping for an eval mechanism in chuck so I could do some
metaprogramming, but I don't think I found one...

--
burton samograd                                                kruhft at gmail.com
kruhft.boldlygoingnowhere.org              www.myspace.com/kruhft