[chuck-users] running chuck as a process with no terminal?

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 01:35:46 EST 2006

hi

joerg piringer wrote:
> yes, i use wxExecute (the c++ version).
> you can also capture the output with it but i don't know how this works
> in wxPython. sometimes the two APIs are quite different.

yes it does work fine with wxpython, i tested it briefly today.

> i think there are examples of wxPython and opengl if you download the
> wxPython-Demo & examples. i've only tried pygame/SDL & wxPython which
> works fine.

Yes i know about those examples but i want something more complex which
involves using sizers and grids and there it gets more confusing.

> your project sound interesting so far. what do you try to achieve? just
> being curios...

ok here you are some info : I am working in two levels, on the one hand
i am part of this project to develop experimental interfaces for music .
www.ixi-software.net
as a part of that we have been developing over the last couple of years
a python graphic toolkit to create our applications, this is the result
so far http://www.ixi-software.net/mirra
It uses pygame by default but in a second step of the development I want
to be able to have a opengl canvas in a specific area of the application
and have normal wxpython GUI elements such as buttons, menus, drag and
drop etc... This is where i am now.

Up to now i was working on PD for the sound engine using OSC to
communicate. But recently I decided to give a go to ChucK as I was
frustrated with some issues on PD. Since I discovered the joys of ChucK
I am working towards integrating Mirra+ChucK, this is the application i
am developing at the moment where I am testing the whole system.
http://devel.goto10.org/svn/ixi/python/slicer
The chuck patch is in the data folder, not very complex stuff yet.
Hopefully once I get the wxpython right again (it was ok but stopped
working at some point) it will have a menu, status bar and importing
dialogues. And again all this has to work in all platforms ...

:)

enrike