[chuck-users] miniAudicle problems

Imre Kéri sharp732 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 11:30:15 EST 2006

Hi,

I compiled miniAudicle on Linux a few days ago and ran into the same
issue (I think). I found a really weird problem: It seems that float
numbers are truncated into integers in miniAudicle. I wrote a small
program:

SinOsc o => dac;
333 => o.freq;

0.9 => o.gain;
<<<o.gain()>>>;
1::second => now;

1 => o.gain;
<<<o.gain()>>>;
1::second => now;

It works correct in chuck, the output is:
i at Imre ~]/Depot/Install/miniAudicle-0.1.3.6/chuck/src/chuck
--srate=48000 --bufsize=512 ./Temp/gain.ck
0.900000 :(float)
1.000000 :(float)

But in miniAudicle console monitor I get:
[chuck](VM): sporking incoming shred: 1 (gain.ck)...
0,000000 :(float)
1,000000 :(float)

(and also I don't hear the first 1 second :) )
Buffer size and sample rate were the same as in the chuck command. I
tried it also with the precompiled Windows version and there it is
working correct.
I hope this brings us closer to the solution!

   Imre